Heroes of Aerdland
The House System
A tiered house system is prevalent throughout the continent of Aerdland. Though economic power is a large factor in determining a house’s worth, it’s ancestry is also of particular importance. Great Houses, Noble Houses, and Minor Houses are the three general categories used by the nobility in determining ranking. Knightly Houses are those of knights who have been raised to lords of their own House.
A * represents a house from Southern Aerdland.
- House Telos-Slain Gray Werewolf on Violet.
- House Egen-Three Silver Stars on Black and White.
- House Charrus-Burning Fist on Gold.*
- House Sagemiller-Two Red Roses on Green.
- House Beryl – Blue and green chevronel on orange and green.
- House Blackwinter – Sable, a pall with a limbless tree, a skull, and a snowflake, argent.
- House Mornbrow-Black Owl with White Eyes on a Blue Chausse on Checky Black and Gold.
- House Andrell-Twin Scythes on a field of Sky Blue and Wheat.
- House Gage-Five Gold Coins on Blue and Orange.
- House Taven – Pean and Red Chevron with Red and Silver Gyronny Canton. Red Dragon on Pean, Twin Silver Hunting Horns on Red.
- House Crane-White Crane in flight on Blue and Black vertical stripes.
- House Star-Single Blue Star on White.
- House Varradine – White Two-Headed Eagle on Red and Blue Barry of Six.
- House Tarn-Three Stone Pillars on a Red field.*
- House Astor-Wide-limbed Red Tree on White.*
- House Gymara – A golden rooster on an azure field with two golden stars.*
- House Coldhearth – White, a flame azure.
- House Malton – Gold Mammoth on Purple and Black per chevron.
- House Nen- White Yeti on Blue and Gray.
- House Renfold – vert and gules per pale, a hawk and chief argent.
- House Sinaris – Gold Duck with Purple Jewel on Orange with Blue Chausse
- House Beldock – Gyronny of Eight, tawny and pupure, a bell argent.
- House Hilden – Counter -ermine, a fox or.
- House Krell – A tawny hart on a black and silver per chevron field.
- House Lockheed – or and purpure per chevron, a key or on purpure, a keyhole sable.
- House Nightharrow – Sable, six crescents argent
- House Algoy – Three chevrons, blue-green-blue, a swordfish or
- House Fisher – Azure, a net or.
- House Heathington – White, an azure pale, a comet gules crossing.
- House Silus-Falcon at rest with Scroll in Talons on Navy Blue.
- House Terrapis – Gold Mermaid on Azure Chief. Green Base with Gold Chevronel.
- House Crowely-Gold Mastiff on a Blood-red Field. Two White Hourglasses Chief.
- House Embers – Gules, indented sable with three tawny flames base.
- House Grethkin – Fusily, gules and sable.
- House Kalmin – Argent and or, a wyvern sable.